China's Hebei adds 4 more COVID-19 medium-risk areas


SHIJIAZHUANG -- North China's Hebei province added four COVID-19 medium-risk areas on Sunday, bringing the province's number of medium-risk areas to 21, the provincial health commission said Sunday.
All four areas are in the provincial capital Shijiazhuang. One of the areas is located in the Yuhua district, one in the Luquan district, and the other two in the Qiaoxi district.
So far, 21 areas in Shijiazhuang and the city of Xingtai have been classified as medium-risk areas, while the worst-hit Gaocheng district in Shijiazhuang has been classified as a high-risk area.
Hebei province reported 46 new locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases and 13 asymptomatic cases on Saturday, the provincial health commission said Sunday.
Among the confirmed cases, 44 were reported in Shijiazhuang, and the other two in Xingtai. Twenty-nine of the cases were previously asymptomatic carriers.
- 2025 SCO Forum on People-to-People Exchange held in Beijing
- Exhibition commemorating 80th anniversary of victory over Japanese aggression, fascism opens in Macao
- Video series commemorates Soong Ching Ling's peace diplomacy legacy
- Over 40 expatriates make dumplings at a community event in Tianjin
- Shanghai Disney Resort adjusts ticket structure, unveils autumn lineup
- Cutting-edge fungal technology takes center stage at Jilin expo